Tuesday, March 26, 2013

See their warrior pennants streaming - FINAL

As I warned weeks back, I've been consumed by finishing a masters thesis and a hellacious schedule at work with some signficant travel.  I've done some minor miniatures work but am at a bit of a standstill until Fireforge releases their Templar and Teutonic Knights on foot.  I need those cloaks and bodies to finish my Stark and Greyjoy forces. 

In the meantime, thanks to my talented and patient friend "Captain Z", the banners and artwork for shield decals are finalized.  Without further ado, I present to you the banners and lance pennants for my first three great houses:

STARK


LANNISTER


GREYJOY


I'm thrilled with his work and have a greater appreciation for the frustration of graphic designers with clients who don't appreciate how detailed good communication needs to be.  He'll be providing excerpts of these sigils on plain fields that I'll be sending off to a professional service that makes shield transfers. 

Sigils for Shield Transfers




Coming Soon - Testing out Dux Britanniarum!

13 comments:

  1. Look exellent !!!

    Glad that you still working on the project, looking forward to your first AAR !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are excellent. Well done on finishing the thesis too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back. Hope your thesis went well. You have a very talented friend, The banners and shield transfers are all very nice. Like the different banner shapes for the different houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MS,

      Yes, "Captain Z" is immensely talented in a number of areas and kind to help me with this project when he has significant issues going on in his life.

      Thanks for the call out on the banner shapes. That's my innovation. I want each house to have a distinct and consistent look for better differentiation on the table top. I'm achieving this largely with banners and shield shapes and, to some lesser degree, armor/helmet styles.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic.

    Anyway you could share the wealth? Co-op the costs?

    Dripping with envy.

    TomT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom,

      Send me a note at dilettantegamer@gmail.com and we can discuss.

      Wade

      Delete
  5. No updates recently? I hope everything is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on Wade ... get blogging sir!! I'm going to call you and harass you into providing an update ... or perhaps bully you into making progress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there any where to purchase these banners?

    ReplyDelete